Tuesday, February 4, 2014

In my __________ shoes I like to __________.

Each student was given the sentence to fill in "In my ______ shoes I like to ________,"  for their second painting (they completed their family portraits prior to this).  An art teacher friend of mine gave me this idea to inspire students to start thinking about what their body looks like when it bends in an effort to break away from the traditional figure that has there legs apart and their arms down.  Within seconds of this prompt, students had tons of ideas! We even practiced posing in those positions to help us translate what part of our body was actually bending and what was straight.  Since we were continuing to study Fernando Botero and Mary Cassatt we looked at some great examples of bodies bending in their work.  See our wonderful results below (painting might be second grade's sweet spot). 


 
I like to play basketball in my sneakers.

 
I like to play basketball in my Jordan's

 
I like to dance in my ballet shoes.

 
I like to play football in my cleats.

 
I like to play football in my sneakers.

 
I like to play hockey in my ice skates.


 
I like to go to horseback riding in my riding boots.

 
I like to skate in my ice skates.

 
I like to do Karate in my bare feet.

 
I like to play soccer in my cleats.

 
I like to play soccer in my cleats.

 
I like to swim in my flippers.

 
I like to go swimming in my bare feet.

 
I like to ride my toy car in my sneakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment