Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Personal Narrative Collages

Our first grade artists have already practiced arranging, gluing, cutting and creating people with collage and now they were ready to tell a story! We have continued to learn about and examine the work of artist Faith Ringgold.  For this week we looked at her painting Picnic On The Grass and pointed out all the areas where she uses PATTERN and what story she was trying to tell.  Next, we discussed as a class some things we like to do after school and if it took place inside or outside and with a friend or by themselves.  Then,  we went back to our tables and told our own stories through patterned paper and plain paper.  Some had ideas right away, while others used the patterns to inspire them.  We talked about how artists can sometimes get ideas from materials while they are working versus always having to have an idea before and sticking to it. Next, we will work on our last collage for two days and learn about TEXTURE.

 
Picnic on the Grass, Faith Ringgold

 
In progress

 
In progress...

 
I like to walk my dog after school.

 
I like to do gymnastics after school.

 
I like to sleep in bed with my sister after school.

 
I like to hang out with my dog after school.

 
I like to watch TV after school

 
I like to play after school.

 
I like to play Nintendo after school.

 
I like to ride my bike after school.

 
I like to play outside after school.

 
I like to watch TV with my dog after school.

 
I like to play outside after school.

 
 
 I like to visit my Aunt's dog after school.

 
I like to play outside after school.
 
 
I like to play with my rainbow loom bracelets after school.

 
I like to ride my scooter after school.

 

 
I like to have a picnic after school.

 
I like to blow bubbles after school.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment